Tonight’s dinner & dessert.
So for all the people who ask for recipes, here you go. (also i measured nothing so these are all guesstimates)
Creamy Alfredo Pasta
- Soy Milk (sometimes I use a litre carton, just depends)
- Red Capsicum
- 1 brown onion
- Vegan cheese (put in as much as you like, i put in about 10 grams i think, whatever I had left, oh yeah i used tofutti mozzarella)
- 3 tablespoons toffuti sour cream
- Frozen and fresh spinach
- Vegan salami (Redwood brand, put in as much as you like)
- Sweet Paprika
- Nutritional Yeast Flakes ( I think I used 3/4 cup)
- 2-3 tablespoons cornflour
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Boil up some pasta
- While pasta is boiling, chuck some nuttlex in a pan, when it melts put in garlic. Fry up onion, capsicum and salami. Once done, put in a bowl and set aside.
- In same frying pan, add a heap of nuttlex, probably 2-3 tablespoons…. let it melt and add about 2 tablespoons of cornflour… whisk together, then add about 1/3 of the soy milk and mix. Once it starts to thicken, add the rest of the soymilk and mix.
- Whilst sauce is thickening, add yeast flakes, around 2 tablespoons of sweet paprika, vegan cheese and vegan sour cream. - If the mixture is too thick, add more soy milk, if it’s to thin mix some cornflour with a little bit of soy milk, add to hot mixture and mix.
- Once sauce is the right consistency, add spinach, and the other ingredients in the bowl you set aside and mix together.
- Mix pasta in with sauce and season to taste.
- Take the toffuti cutie out of the box, unwrap and eat.